Video Remote Interpretation
The process of video remote interpretation involves videoconferencing between the parties in two locations. It is considered a kind of sign language interpreting process where the interpreter hears the information and interprets it for those having hearing issues. In this process, visual and verbal communication is used for interpretation, and it is different from video relay interpreting, which deals explicitly with verbal communication through a telephone. The video remote interpreting companies choose the best interpreters with hearing and sign language skills.
Process of video remote interpretation:
Video remote interpretation services have gained importance in recent times due to the developments in technology. More video interpreting companies have come up recently to carry out effective video interpreter services to connect with customers instantly. The interactions with customers are adequately regulated through compelling audio and video interpretations. The process of video remote interpretation is complete in the following steps:
- A hearing person provides the information: In the first step, the hearing person provides the relevant information to the interpreter in the desired language. The person providing the data has to say it clearly without any mistakes to convey the right message.
- Interpretation of the matter: The speech recognition and interpretation are carried out in the next step by the interpreter. The words and slang used in the particular language are translated into the desired language of the other party.
- Communication with the deaf person: The translated speech is communicated with the deaf person using sign language through a visual screen.
Six critical steps to working with a video interpreter:
- Create a video interpretation strategy: A proper plan and strategy have to be created initially for making the conversation with the parties. In contrast, when making such plans, the customers’ interest needs to be considered to provide apt services.
- Choose a comfortable, quiet place: A quiet place has to be chosen to ensure that the words spoken are clear and understandable. The place’s lighting also has to be considered for better video quality.
- Ensure network connectivity: As communication is carried out through online platforms, there has to be a proper internet connection for smooth functioning. The speed and quality of the network have to be checked before the session to prevent any disturbances.
- Briefing the video interpreter: Before the conversation begins, it is crucial to give a brief understanding of the nature of the conversation to the interpreter. As an interpreter needs to understand and communicate to the other party, any complicated concept can be explained beforehand.
- A formal introduction of parties: The parties must formally introduce themselves, including the interpreter, before starting the conversation. It helps to understand each party’s role to ensure the process’s smooth functioning.
- Initiation of conversation: The hearing person can initiate the conversation slowly and clearly. It has to be ensured that all the parties are actively present throughout the process for an effective interpretation process.
Importance of video remote interpretation for multinational companies:
Video interpreting services are being provided in various businesses for effective face-to-face interactions with different clients across the globe.
- Immediate responses for emergencies: When there is an urgent need for communication between parties, video remote interpretation can be used for fast responses. It enables the interpreter to give responses within seconds resulting in better outcomes.
- Convenient and easy to manage: Most multinational companies prefer such interpretation as the process and functioning are very simple and convenient. If sufficient devices and expert interpreters are present, there is no need to worry about other complications.
- Engaging and improving user experience: As interpreters understand the communication better with the right slang, it will be more engaging for customers. Using such techniques, the customers can be provided with an effective, user-friendly experience.
- Integrated with various platforms: Video remote interpretation services easily integrate with different industry platforms. It can be done without additional tools or devices as it is a simple process.
Popular video remote interpretation tools:
Video remote interpretation is a complex process that provides effective language services in any situation. The top 5 video remote interpretation tools are as follows:
- Backdrop tool: This tool helps create specific visual scenes per the requirement. Sign language interpreters utilize this tool for remote interpreting.
- Headset: This is an essential tool for any activity concerning video interactions. It helps proper communication between the parties with outstanding clarity and better understanding.
- Webcam: This tool is used for having quality images during video interactions between the parties. Such devices are user-friendly and reliable under any circumstances.
- Lighting: Lighting is essential in video remote interpretation as it will help provide a clear image throughout the interaction.
- Interpreter Services Intranet Page: This tool effectively provides information regarding VRI along with some FAQs. The services provided by the interpreter are carefully analyzed, and any doubts or queries are resolved.
White Globe as a video remote interpretation service provider:
White Globe is a well-known video remote interpretation service provider in India, having many clients across the globe. Effective communication between the parties is ensured by adequately interpreting audio and video-based conversations. Customers’ interest is considered in any service to ensure they can adequately convey the relevant matter. The interpretation of communication is made using advanced technology, which is apt for various purposes in business functions. The increasing demand for effective interpretation services has resulted in the enhancement and growth of the business involving those with hearing issues.
Most frequent questions and answers
Ans: In the VRS process, the interpreter, deaf person, and hearing person are in different locations communicating using a telephone and a visual screen. Whereas, in VRI, only the hearing person and the deaf person are in one place.
Ans: Three significant steps are involved in the process of video remote interpretation done by three parties.
Ans: A video interpreter requires verbal and sign language skills to provide effective interpretation services.